Laura E. Sullivan Memorial Scholarship
Ray Abundis Musician / Dance / Technical Support Scholarship
2017 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a graduating high school senior or first-year college student, not older than 21 years of age.
- Must be a resident of Kitsap County.
- Must have a profound interest in the performing arts with an emphasis in musical comedy theatre.
- Must complete and mail an application which will be reviewed and rated (one-third of total score) - Application must be received by Central Stage Theatre no later than March 31 or March 31 postmark.
- Actors/Actresses must present a live audition (two-thirds of total score) to a board of judges in each of the three areas described below. This is also the order of presentation during your audition:
- A comic monologue – 3-minutes duration (memorized)
- A dramatic monologue – 3-minutes duration (memorized)
- A song (3 ½ min. maximum), preferably from a Broadway musical show (memorized). Bring your own accompanist.
- Musicians/dancers or technical support scholarship applicants will be interviewed. Eligibility for this scholarship includes participation in a Central Stage Theater (CSTOCK) production sometime during the past 18 months.
Up to three scholarships will be awarded:
- First Place - $1,000 award to actors/actresses
- Second Place - $500 award to actors/actresses
- $500 award to musician, dance, or technical support person
- Auditions and interviews will be held only on Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Conducted at the Central Kitsap Middle School gym
- Applicants will be notified by telephone regarding specific audition or interview times on the 25th. Must be present to audition or for the interview.
Must mailed and postmarked by March 31, 2017 at the following address:
Central Stage Theatre of County Kitsap
Post Office Box 3277
Silverdale, WA 98383
*All applications and accompanying materials become the property of Central Stage Theatre and will not be returned.
Will made on Saturday, May 13th at 7PM at Central Stage Theatre's performance of Oklahoma! Winners are requested to be in attendance to receive scholarship awards.